May 11, 2011

GON 2011 Turquoise Soul

Ah, it's always good to run into amazing Anish peeps, and Wabanoonkwe Cameron-Hernandez is one aaamaaaazing woman. She is the creative mind behind Turquoise Soul - the blingin' beaded jewelry biz that came close to selling out during GON.

I first met Wabanoonkwe through photographer Thosh Collins who sent me photos that he snapped of model Amberae Wood rockin some Turquoise Soul beaded earrings (click here to see the pics and my designer profile on her). Wabanoonkwe invited me to tag along on their latest photoshoot where I finally met her and fashion designer Sho Sho Esquiro (click here to see the 'behind-the-scenes' post).


(Wabanoonkwe at her booth in the tents at GON)


(India Lowry Jones, Wabanoonkwe, me, and Wabanoonkwe's sister and model Miigwaans Cameron at the Rhymes and Runways event)


(India and I earlier in the night - getting many compliments on our Turquoise Soul earrings)