August 10, 2011

Orlando Dugi 2011 Collections

I ran into Orlando Dugi when I was in Santa Fe last week, and I wanted to post some of his recent work, because it is absolutely stunning. Dugi is a Navajo beadworker who creates elegant, lavish and sexy dresses, purses, and other accessories. All of his garments and purses pictured below are modeled by the lovely and talented Miss Wakeah Jhane Myers (Comanche/Blackfeet/Kiowa), who is also a champion powwow dancer.


Heavenly Seduction handbag by Orlando Dugi

Celestial Phoenix box purse by Orlando Dugi and Rebecca T. Begay.

Clutches and handbag by Orlando Dugi.

Dugi also has a fashion show coming up at the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts. Dubbed 'Opulance,' the show will also feature work by the Gaussoins (if you can't make it, don't worry, I'll try my best to post a review).


Orlando Dugi / Indian Market 2011 Radio Ad by SWAIA

Click here to learn more about Orlando Dugi.